« eBay Selling Software (Part I)
Tips and Tactics
- Many of these different programs come in either hosted of software form. Hosted means that the programs are accessed through the web, and can be easily used from any computer by just logging into an account. Software means that the program is to be installed on the hard drive of one single computer and can be used even when the computer is not connected to the internet.
- Know your specific needs as a seller. Many programs have widgets and gadgets that may seem neat at first, but which are actually time-wasters, rather than time savers. Understanding your own business and knowing exactly what you need will help make sure that you get the right package for your auction.
- Compare Ebay's tools to the one's offered by external developers to find out what the differences are, and what (if anything) you're company can gain by purchasing extra software. Also, high-priced, all-inclusive packages exist for large sellers, so if you are managing a huge company, or want to take your medium-sized one to the next level, these could also be an option.
- Slideshow maker
- Video maker
- Auction gallery
- Newsletter sender
- AuctionBytes.com analyzes and discusses the different types of Ebay selling software, and offers some tips on what to look for when purchasing one
- SmallBusinessComputing.com has a terrific article with several tips on selling through Ebay and how to choose an auction management software
- Auctiva.com offers software which creates storefronts and has several other solutions for Ebay sellers
What Should You Never Forget
Did you know that Ebay item listings can be optimized just like websites to become higher ranked in the search engines? Some of the same SEO techniques for optimizing websites can be applied to Ebay pages, which can help drive traffic to your site.
To learn more about Nextbee's marketing solutions, please contact us: