Techniques and Reference Reading for eCommerce Site Owners
Checklist for Selecting Hosting Provider
- Accepts Paypal and credit cards
- Website promotion tools
- As close to 100% guaranteed uptime as possible
- 24/7 customer assistance
Tips and Tactics for Getting Most From Your Account
- Businesses or individuals with very large sites, or with very complex sites, may wish to employ a dedicated web host. Most hosts deal with several sites on a single server, while dedicated hosting means that a business rents a single server for its own use. This type of hosting is quite expensive, and managed hosting means that someone is there to look after the servers and fix things that go wrong. This is another added expense.
- Web statistics and metrics are an invaluable asset to any webmaster or internet business owner. Before signing an agreement with an eCommerce hosting service, be sure that they offer a very advanced statistics package. Stats programs can tell you the number of unique visitors you had in a given time, which pages are more popular, and which links are getting the most traffic.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Corel Draw
- WebHostDirectory.com offers a large list of eCommerce hosting services and has summaries of some of them
- WebHostingInfoTips.com offers a series of detailed articles on what to look for and what to avoid when choosing a hosting service
- SitePoint.com is a site for webmasters which offers a wealth of articles and resources for programmers, merchants, designers, and more. Here is an article on what to avoid when choosing a hosting service
Alternatives to Traditional Hosting
Simple websites and very basic ecommerce businesses may be able to save time, work, and money by using Paypal, and bypassing the need for an elaborate hosting set up which can require the very difficult task of setting up a site to accept credit cards.
To learn more about Nextbee's marketing solutions, please contact us: