« Top Rated Online Store Software (Part I)
- Flexibility-open source code that allows users to modify and implement the unique specifics
- Order Updating
- User-Friendly administration panels
- Automated email confirmation
- Wholesale selling features
- Currency converters
- Accepts credit cards, Paypal, checks, P.O., C.O.D.
- International shipping
- Can set minimum and maximum shipping charges
- Tax calculator
- Ease of use
- Customer service
Tips and Tactics
- When choosing an ecommerce software solution, one feature to look for is scalability. The fact that you have a website that is only five pages at the moment, doesn't mean that it won't be that way in the future. Extension add-ons are useful tools that allow for future expansion.
- Shopping cart software should automatically factor in taxes and shipping costs, and should provide the customer with this precise information before he makes the purchase. Oftentimes, poorly set up sites that don't offer this feature will merely mention that customers are responsible for these expenses, but don't calculate the exact amounts.
- Quality online store software should also include the ability for merchants to add and process coupons and special promotions.
- Google AdWords
- Yahoo Merchant
- Sellitontheweb.com offers some good articles and tips on setting up and running ecommerce sites:
- Automationwiz.com is an ecommerce resource, and also offers solutions and software to merchants. Here is a guide to some of their articles on ecommerce
- Top 10 Reviews offers a detailed article on how merchants can avoid consumer fraud online
Alternatives to ConsiderRather than implementing a heavy software package to process credit cards, many smaller businesses can get by with using Paypal, which is much easier to install, in easy to use, if and works in much the same way as credit cards do.
To learn more about Nextbee's marketing solutions, please contact us: