Low Cost Affordable Marketing Tools for eCommerce
« eBusiness Marketing Tools (Part I)
Usage ScenarioHere as an example review the reference usage scenario for using NextBee's User Referral Reward solution.
- You sign up with us and immediately get access to your business account
- If you decide to offer awards for referring users, you create your own specific award program by defining criteria such as how many conversions required for award, how the award is calculated (% of item price, fixed prize, a coupon, or even no award)
- Through the Setup page in your account, you have access to html code snippets that you should host on your site. In these code snippets you substitute product id/campaign id, referral url with your specific parameters
- When the user sends a referral, we use your specified referral URL and append tracking information to
- it. This enables us to track the performance of these referrals and associate conversions with appropriate referrals
- Once we get the conversion notification, we make the sanity check, associate it with right users, calculate awards, notify users, and update the campaign analytics available in your account
Tips and Tactics
- Outsourcing certain business needs can also be considered a type of tool, and many companies actually outsource their entire business systems and their infrastructure to other companies who manage architectures, lists and campaigns, and email marketing.
- Google Analytics
- Omniture Site Catalyst
- Yahoo Merchant Solutions
- Commission Junction Affiliate Solutions
- Paypal Payment Gateway and Web Services
- Marketing Sherpa is an authoritative information source for B2B as well as consumer marketing activities
- Seth Godin is a thought leader for new edge marketing methods
- ClickZ a venerable online news source that publishes opinion pieces from business leaders
Alternatives to ConsiderInstead of setting up your own eBusiness you can simply sell your product at online marketplaces such as eBay, etsy, or Amazon. You can also think of providing your product/services for free through various social networks and expect to get paid through either advertisements or by causing sufficient disruption in the marketplace draw attention from established player in the industry for acquisition.
To learn more about Nextbee's marketing solutions, please contact us: